We offer two types of tailored Due Diligence services:
A Level One or Red Flag service – gathering of public information domestically and/or abroad and analysis of the raw data with recommendations.
A Level Two service – gathering of public information domestically and/or abroad and analysis of the raw data with recommendations plus non-public information obtained via discreet contact with human sources.
Deliverables will be discussed and agreed with a client before commencing any assignment.
Typically, our Due Diligence services include, but are not limited to:
- FCPA, Bribery Act and all other relevant regulatory frameworks.
- Examination of the reputation, associations, activities, and ethics of potential partners, investors or key hires.
- Confirmation of allegations and rumours of criminal or questionable business practices.
- Identification of any undisclosed liabilities or questionable financial reporting.
- Research of unusual offshore structures and unexplained vehicles associated with potential merger, acquisition, or joint venture targets.
- Clarification of the nature of the relationships between target companies and various individuals, including government officials – Politically Exposed Persons (PEP).
- Provide a “lay of the land” for doing a deal, determining powerbases and shifting alliances. We ask: who is well connected and why? Who is on the way out and why? And, which relationships should be cultivated?
- Information on any irregularities, lack of transparency, or acts of fraud that may have been committed by the opposing party.
- Regulatory compliance history to uncover any misrepresentations in SEC filings or any other regulatory violations.
- Identification and examination of potential conflicts of interest among shareholders, board members or senior management.
- Appearance of, or business relationships with, any entity or person found published on a “prohibited list.” For example, the Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC).
- Clarification of the true nature of corporate ownership and control for purposes of preventing conflicts of interest or reducing reputational risk.
Detection and monitoring of suspicious transactions or fund flows to identify the originator of opaque fund transfers.
During this process, we can also identify and locate critical documents and potential interviewees that make it possible to verify assertions concerning employment, education, net worth, financial leverage, and business reputation and practices.
Investigative Due Diligence
Our Investigative Due Diligence services are bespoke designed to offer the most comprehensive service.